What do you need in order to be able to use color mix?
- One of our Builder 3D printers as this tool is only available for Builder users. It does not matter which machine you have, all Builders are able to print color mixed objects.
- PLA which is able to mix. We recommand to use Builder PLA as it is customized for mixing and dedicated for our 3D printers.
- G-code of your object. You need a G-code to upload it into our color mixing software.
- Color mix software. Download your color mix tool here: Color mix tool
- To activate the color mix tool you need a password. Request a code here: email@example.com
! All Builder 3D printers come with a free color mix password.
! The color mix tool only works on Windows.
How does it work?
We developed software which allows to change the active percentage of both extruders in your G-code while printing. For example, printing from 100% yellow (bottom) to 100% pink (top) will create a gradually orange hybrid. The best way to explain how color mixing works is to compare it with toothpaste tube. It is like squeezing 2 colors through 1 opening.