What do you need to be able to color mix?
- One of our Builder 3D printers as this tools is only available for Builder users. It doesn’t matter which Builder you have, all Builders are able to print color mixed objects.
- PLA which is able to mix. We recommand to use Builder PLA as this is made for mixing and for our 3D printers.
- Gcode of your object. You need a gcode to upload it in our color mix software.
- Color mix software. Download your color mix tool here:
Color mix tool
- To activate the color mix tool you need a password. Request a code here: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All Builder 3D printers come with a free color mix password.
*The color mix tool only works on Windows.
How does it work?
We developed software which is able to change the percentage of both extruders in your gcode while printing. For example, printing from 100% yellow (bottom) to 100% pink (top) will create an orange hybrid. The best way to explain how color mixing works is to compare it with toothpaste tube. Squeezing 2 colors through 1 opening.