What do you need to color mix?
- A Dual-Feed Builder of Builder 3D Printers as this is the only Dual-Feed in the world who works with only 1 nozzle printing 2 colors/materials. Both Dual Builders, small or big, are capable of color mixing.
- PLA which is able to mix. We recommend Esun or Dutch filaments. Not every PLA brand is able to mix colors. Some of them can’t be used because of the bad adhesion.
- G-code of your object. You need a G-code to upload it in our color mix software.
- Color mix software. Download your color mix tool here:
Color mix tool
- To activate the color mix tool you need a password. Request a code here: email@example.com
*The Big Builder and Premium Builders come with a free color mix password.
*The color mixing tool only works on Windows
How does it work?
We developed software which is able to change the percentage of both extruders in your G-code while printing. For example, printing from 100% yellow (bottom) to 100% pink (top) will create an orange hybrid. The best way to explain how color mixing works is to compare it with toothpaste tube. Squeezing 2 colors through 1 opening.